Web-based E-Mail for Employees  
You are not Logged in! Log in to check your messages.


Popular Articles and Links:

Tucumcari Public Library

602 South Second Street
(575) 461-0295
(575) 461-0297 Fax

Hours of Operation
Monday 9:30 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday - Friday 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Library
Dainetta Kroeker Director
NM State Library Cert. II
Pat Prieto Library Tech. I
NM State Library Cert. I
Goldie BaumLibrary Clerk/Aid
Christina AragonLibrary Clerk

Library Services

Internet Access                                                    Literacy Program
On-Line website partnership with                      Public Access Computers
    Mesalands Community College                        (one in Spanish)            
Reading Assistance Program                              Story-time Program
Inter-Library Loan                                                  Photocopies  $1.00/page
Quay County Voter Registration Site                  Notary Service $3.00
Proctor Service                                                      Fax Service $2.00/page
   (Distance Learning Students)                               (Limited to USA fax numbers)

Advisory Board

Chair                                                                      Noreen Hendrickson
Vice Chair                                                              Leon Logan
Secretary                                                               Merlinda Turner           
Member                                                                 Judy Ross            
Member                                                                 Marcia Oliver           
Member                                                                 Nancy McNabb            
City Commission Liaison                                    Jimmy Sandoval


Library History

HISTORY OF TUCUMCARI PUBLIC LIBRARY

Around 1925, six women joined together, and dared to dream and aspire to a lofty purpose. Their enthusiasm resulted in the founding of the Tucumcari Public Library. In 1927 the ladies banded together to form the Coterie Club, with the primary goal to have a library. The ladies, working diligently without pay, sponsored cakewalks, tag days, food sales, talent shows, as well as tea and bridge benefits. The club was given donations of books and money by the communities clubs and organizations.

In 1928, The Coterie Club was able to open the first Tucumcari Public Library in a room loaned to them by the Masonic Fraternity.

In 1929, the library was growing, and was moved to the old hospital on Main Street, and in 1937, the Coterie Club rented two rooms and the basement of the community center. In that year, the Coterie Club also incorporated in order to obtain state funding.

The ladies worked diligently for 30 years, without pay, before their dream of having a new library became a reality. In 1958, the city built a new building located at 225 E. Center, and at that time also assumed operations of the library. It was not long before the library and the community needs outgrew that building. In 1971 the post office was renovated and expanded to become the building where the library is presently located.

In 1989, the library was renamed the Kenneth Schlientz Memorial Library, after the mayor who was in office when the renovation and addition to the library was implemented. In 1997, the city commission unanimously approved shortening the name to the Schlientz Memorial Library. In 2002, it was changed to the Tucumcari Public Library in Memory of Kenneth Schlientz.

Today, the library is a success story. A story that is the result of years of contributions, of time, money, books, equipment, and many factors from the individuals and community organizations of the City of Tucumcari.

Library Location

Change City Account Password
For help in using this feature, please contact the Information Systems Department.. Comment

Request Live Assistance
This will grant access to your system to the Information Systems Department.  Please call to make arrangements prior to use. Comment

Manage your e-mail
Browser-based access to City of Tucumcari e-mail accounts.. Comment